Dogmatters Animal Flax Oil – 250ml
Flax Oil is a rich source of Omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and has been discovered to be essential to the health of animals and humans. Omega-3 fatty acids are purposely avoided in the production of commercial pet and animal foods as they may go rancid, limiting the shelf life of these products. The result is a deficiency of these vital nutrients in these foods and ultimately in your pet. Dogmatters has taken the extra steps necessary to preserve the integrity of flaxseed oil, providing your pets with the valuable Omega-3 fatty acids they require for optimal health.
Benefits found with flax and the essential fatty acids in the health of animals:
- Important for growth and development
- Improved immunity against infection
- Increased quantity and quality of milk in lactating animals
- Development of beautiful and lustrous sheen in animal coats
- Improvement of dandruff and dry, patchy skin
- Improvement in inflammatory conditions
- Increased bone strength
A lack of essential fatty acids in the diet may cause:
- Impaired visual development
- Impaired learning ability
- Increased susceptibility to environmental toxins
Q: Why should I use flaxseed oil instead of fish oils?
A: Flax Seed Oil is a natural, plant derived oil containing approximately 60% Omega 3, which is a significantly higher percentage than fish oils. Our oils are pure and unrefined, which means they have not been bleached or deodorised…so you can be sure that you are feeding a 100% natural product that tastes great just as it is…..and from sustainable resources too!